Deadline: 11 July 2016
Open to: students/ young researchers
Venue: 12-14 November 2016, Washington DC, USA
OpenCon is a platform for the next generation to learn about Open Access, Open Education, and Open Data, develop critical skills, and catalyze action toward a more open system of research and education. OpenCon 2016 will be held in Washington DC on November 12-14, with satellite events around the world. OpenCon will convene students and early career academic professionals from around the world and serve as a powerful catalyst for projects led by the next generation to advance OpenCon’s three focus areas.
Through a program of keynotes, panel discussions, workshops, and hackathons, participants will build skills in key areas—from raising institutional awareness to coordinating national-level campaigns effectively.
The main OpenCon meetings in DC and Brussels have drawn participants from more than 40 countries across five continents. OpenCon satellite events have been hosted across 25 countries with approximately 2,000 participants.
For OpenCon 2016 eligible are all energetic, effective students and academic professionals interested in openness in research & education—regardless of ability to cover travel costs.
- Participation fee of approximately USD 300 that covers direct costs, including the venue and most meals.
- Scholarship funding is available for the following expenses:
- Travel to and from Washington, DC;
- Accommodation during the nights of the conference (shared room);
- Participation fee that covers registration and most meals ;
- Visa application fee (if needed).
If you are invited and are awarded a scholarship, your invitation will specify which of the above expenses are included.
Note that due to the number of scholarships that will be granted, they cannot process any reimbursements from receipts. Therefore scholarship funding will only apply for travel and accommodation booked through OpenCon’s travel agent.
How to apply?
- To find out more about OpenCon before applying, click here. To learn more about these issues, click here;
- Please first fill your e-mail address and click “Start Application” to unlock the rest of the application form;
- The deadline for applying is 11 July 2016 at 11:59 pm U.S. Pacific Time.
For more information, please visit the official website.