Deadline: 3 July 2016
Open to: young/student leaders based in the Schengen Area Member States
Venue: 27-28 July, 2016, Vellamo Maritime Centre, Kotka, Finland
Ship The Startup Festival 2016 is a two-day startup event to connect the next generation of entrepreneurs with mentors worldwide. Ship 2016 takes place on July 27 & 28th at Vellamo Maritime Centre during Kotka Maritime Festival, Finland’s biggest city festival with 200,000 attendees. Ship aims to strengthen the entrepreneurial eco-system worldwide and accelerate aspiring entrepreneurs. For this purpose, the festival’s organizers are looking for ambassadors who share our spirit and passion so that we can make Ship a memorable event and good learning experience for all.
- Young/student leaders based in the Schengen Area Member States: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Liechtenstein (Foreigners who don’t need a visa to visit Finland or those who already have Schengen visa or valid residence permit are also eligible to apply);
- Applicants should be responsible, committed and enjoy teamwork and learning new things;
- Only 12 positions available;
- If you feel you have the following skills you should consider applying:
- Media Team: Graphics, photography, video-making, content creation, social media, live tweeting, etc.; Registration Team (Strong communications skills, particularly fluent in English, proficiency in Finnish is desirable) and Ushers and Event Coordinators (Strong coordination and management skills).
All Ambassadors receive a partial scholarship to attend Ship, which includes:
- Two event tickets (for you and your friend);
- Accommodation for four nights;
- Breakfast for four days, July 26-29 and Meals for July 27 – 28;
- Certificate of Achievement;
- Experience Scandinavian Summer in Finland. See the Midnight Sun;
- After the event, you will have the opportunity to attend Kotka Maritime Festival, and/or visit Estonia, Sweden and Russia via ferry;
- Applicants are responsible for your own transport to and from Kotka, Finland.
How to Apply?
In order to apply you need to fill in online application form.
More information can be found on the official website.