Deadline: 1 July 2016
Open to: students under the age of 25 with university degree obtained in 2015 or 2016; or are currently enrolled in a graduate program (4th or 5th year of studies)
Venue: 25-29 July, Vienna, Austria
With 57 participating States in Europe, Asia and North America, the Organization for Security and Co- operation in Europe (OSCE) is the world’s largest regional security organization. In order to contribute to the build-up of the next generation of peacebuilders, the OSCE Secretariat organizes the OSCE Summer School in Vienna from 25 to 29 July 2016 for twenty young people, coming from the South Caucasus and other OSCE regions, interested in international affairs.
The goal of the Summer School is to promote cross-regional exchanges and build the professional skills of young political experts. During the Summer School, they will jointly take part in a series of briefings, courses and interactive workshops. They will learn about the OSCE and receive professional training courses, such as mediation and negotiation trainings, diplomatic English/Russian language courses, a diplomatic communication course etc. Several cultural and social events will also be organized for them.
- University degree obtained in 2015 or 2016; alternatively, currently enrolled in a graduate programme (4th or 5th year of studies);
- Studies focusing on a subject relevant to the OSCE, such as international relations, political science, law;
- Free places are open for applicants from Turkey, Germany and Austria;
- Demonstrable interest in international affairs and/or peace-building;
- Oral and written fluency in English (at least C1 level, or equivalent);
- Advanced knowledge of Russian (at least B2 level, or equivalent);
- Aged under 25.
Travel and living costs will be covered by the OSCE.