Deadline: 26 July 2016
Open to: governmental and non-governmental organizations
Grants: up to a maximum of 120.000 Swiss franchs (CHF)
The Global Road Safety Partnership is seeking proposals for Round 10 of the Road Safety Grants Programme 2016 with an aim to reduce road traffic deaths and injuries. A competitively awarded grants programme is an important part of the initiative.
The Road Safety Grants Programme is managed by the Global Road Safety Partnership, one of the eight implementing partners of the Bloomberg Initiative for Global Road Safety. In the first eight rounds of the grants programme, GRSP awarded more than 51 grants in 10 countries. The Bloomberg Initiative places a priority on countries and cities with the greatest number of road crash fatalities and injuries.
- Governmental and non-governmental organizations based in eligible countries and cities can apply for grants within the following parameters:
- Governmental organizations with relevant authority over road safety policy and/ or its implementation;
- Non-governmental organizations (including but not limited to civil society organizations and educational institutions) with relevant advocacy experience on policy reform/and or its implementation;
- Applicants must be registered legal entities in the country of project delivery, capable of entering into contractual arrangements, receiving foreign funds, and assuming legal and financial obligations.
- Grants will be accepted from Accra (Ghana), Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Bandung (Indonesia), Bangkok (Thailand), Bogota (Colombia), Fortaleza (Brazil), Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam), Mumbai (India), Sao Paolo (Brazil) and Shanghai (China);
- Proposals can be submitted for grants up to a maximum amount of 120,000 Swiss francs (CHF) for a short-term, one-year or two-year project;
- Find more information on the grants provided HERE.
How to apply?
Applicants must first register online HERE and then apply.
The deadline for submission of completed concept notes is Tuesday, 26 July 2016 at 13:00 hours, Central European Time. Notice of the outcome of the selection process will be sent to applicants Wednesday 7 September 2016. Selected applicants will then be invited to submit full applications for funding.
For more information please visit the official website.