Deadline: no fixed deadline, applications accepted throughout the year
Open to: citizens of the United States of America and of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; currently enrolled in a doctoral degree or research-oriented Master’s programs
Scholarship: the scholarships have a value of 20,000 CZK per month; awarded for periods from one to 10 months
Masaryk University is pleased to offer Kohn Research Scholarships. The main objective of the Masaryk University is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
Masaryk University, located in Brno, is the second-largest public university in the Czech Republic and the leading higher education institution in Moravia. One of Masaryk University’s top priorities is scientific research. Masaryk University offers degrees in a wide range of traditional as well as newly-emerging disciplines and is currently one of the fastest-growing higher education institutions in Europe.
- Citizens of the United States of America and of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;
- Currently enrolled in a doctoral degree or research-oriented Master’s programs;
- English language skills required.
- The scholarships have a value of 20,000 CZK per month;
- Awarded for periods from one to 10 months, depending on the nature of the research or studies that the applicant wishes to pursue;
- Scholarship holders are exempt from tuition fees;
- Accommodation, to be paid for by the scholarship recipients, is available in double rooms at the university halls of residence;
- Travel costs and health insurance are also the responsibility of the scholarship winners.
- Scholarships cover all fields of teaching and research at the university.
How to Apply?
- Completed and signed the application form;
- Description of the plan of study or research project you wishes to undertake at Masaryk University, accompanied by a letter (or e-mail) from the appropriate head of department or a professor agreeing to supervise your program at Masaryk University;
- Confirmation of studies;
- Two letters of recommendation from persons who can comment on your academic achievement.
There is no fixed application deadline, so interested candidates are encouraged to send their application throughout the year.
For more information please visit the official website.