Deadline: 25 July 2016
Open to: citizens or residents of one of the following states: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro; with MA, an LLM or a PhD degree in political science, European studies, economics, law, environmental studies etc.
Fellowship: length of the program is six months, dependent upon the chosen research topic; starting in November 2016
The European Policy Centre (CEP) is launching a call for young professionals in the fields of social sciences and humanities for a six month, full-time, Research Fellowship, as a part of the Think Tank Young Professional Development Program. The Research Fellow will, under the guidance of an experienced mentor, have the opportunity to be involved in all CEP’s research activities during the fellowship.
The Think Tank Young Professional Development Program intends to attract young professionals from the Western Balkan and post-Soviet region, who recently graduated from universities in the OECD countries with an MA or a PhD in the social sciences and humanities, and who wish to return to their region of origin.
The program is designed to benefit both young returning professionals and their host organizations. It enables renowned regional think tanks to recruit highly qualified, talented, young professionals. At the same time, the Research Fellow will have the opportunity to gain invaluable, first-hand policy research and advocacy experience, as well as the chance to write and publish different types of research documents. In addition, the Research Fellow will be able to further develop their research, analytical and communication skills as a part of CEP’s team, under the guidance of experienced staff members.
- Citizens or residents of one of the following states: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro;
- They acquired an MA, an LLM or a PhD in the field of social sciences relevant to the offered positions (political science, European studies, economics, law, environmental studies etc.;
- At a university in one of the OECD member countries
- Between 23 and 35 years of age at the time of the application;
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Serbian and English;
- Good knowledge of research methods used in social sciences;
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills;
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word and Excel in particular).
- The length of the program is six months, dependent upon the chosen research topic;
- Starting in November 2016;
- At the end of the program, both the Research Fellow and the host organization are expected to submit a final report regarding their activities during the fellowship.
How to apply?
If you meet the criteria of the program, fit into one of the available positions, want to gain valuable experience and develop research, analytical and communication skills, as well as publish papers of various types, please submit the complete application documents to: Dragana Bajić ([email protected]) not later than July 25, 2016.