Deadline: 19 July 2016
Open to: students and recent graduates of design or engineering
Awards: one international winner will be awarded by 45,000 USD + 7,500 USD for their university
The James Dyson Award is an international design award that celebrates, encourages and inspires the next generation of design engineers. The Award is open to current and recent design engineering students. It’s run by the James Dyson Foundation, James Dyson’s charitable trust, as part of its mission to get young people excited about design engineering.
The James Dyson Foundation has recently opened its 2016 international student design competition, for products or concepts which solve tangible problems.
Students and recent graduates of design or engineering are invited to enter inventions that do more with less, designed with the environment in mind. Submitted projects should have a significant and practical purpose, and have the potential to be commercially viable.
- Product design, industrial design, and engineering university students;
- Graduates within the past 4 years;
- Open for 22 countries around the world — Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK or US;
- Both individual and team entries.
- One International Winner will be awarded 45,000 USD + 7,500 USD for their university;
- An International Runner-up and twenty-two (22) National winners will also be announced;
- The International Runner-up will be awarded 7,500 USD and each National Winner, 3,500 USD.
How to apply?
There is no Entry Fee! Submit your application through the online application form latest by 19 July 2016.
Please click on the visit official website for more information.