Deadline: 1 August 2016
Open to: youth between 18-30 years old living Macedonia and youth between 18-26 years old living in Germany
Venue: 6-17 September 2016, Bitola, Macedonia
Forum Civil Peace Service (forum ZDF), Youth Cultural Center Bitola, the Holocaust Fund for the Jews of Macedonia and pax christi Aachen welcome interested youth living in Germany and Macedonia to become participants of the “International Workcamp -Dealing with the Past and Jewish History in the Balkans”. The idea behind the action is to promote peace, remembrance and understanding trough the revitalization of the historical Jewish cemetery in Bitola. The aim is together with the local and international partners and volunteers to revitalize the historical Jewish cemetery in Bitola, to promote peace, remembrance and understanding. Archaeological field work, cultural activities, excursions, interactive workshops and lectures i.a. on Dealing with the Past, (Jewish) History in the Balkans and Nonviolent Conflict Transformation held by expert trainers and researchers will be part of the project activities.
- Youth between 18-30 years old living in Macedonia;
- Youth between 18-26 years old living in Germany;
- Interest to learn more about questions related to dealing with the past and cultures of remembrance, history (of the Balkans), peace building, international youth exchanges, archeological work, or similar. (No particular experience in any of the fields is required);
- Motivation and openness to work in a dynamic environment with other volunteers from diverse cultural, social, religious, etc. backgrounds;
- Legal resident in either Germany or Macedonia (Nationality/citizenship is NOT a criteria!);
- Ability to communicate in English with other volunteers and team members.
- Board and accommodation of participants will be covered;
- Travel costs will be fully reimbursed for participants from Macedonia and up to EUR 200 for those coming from Germany;
- Due to donor regulations, we ask from participants from Germany a one-time individual contribution of EUR 25 to be paid before the start of the work camp.
How to apply?
Please fill out the application form:
Send your filled in application to: [email protected] and [email protected] till 1 August, 2016. Selection of project participants will be made by the organizers based on motivation and interest of the applicants.
More information can be found in the official calls:
Please note that there are slightly different forms to use for applications from Macedonia (MK) and from Germany (DE).