Deadline: 31 July 2016
Open to: young people from the entire world, aged 18 to 30
Venue: 26-30 August , 2016, Baku, Azerbaijan
One of the Great Silk Way International Youth Union’s objectives is to organize various international training courses and seminars, round-table meetings, exhibitions, conferences, charity marathons, forums and other events aimed at multi-cultural learning, the Union considers that it is important to implement this project in the country where living together among people with different cultures and religions is not a form of behavior, but a way of living.
The “International Youth Camp” is a platform designed to bring together youth from different parts of the world in order to discuss and share their ideas and concerns about issues related to intercultural dialog and multiculturalism. Participants are expected to be encouraged to discuss and thus increase the awareness of the issue. It also aims at exploring ways in which these active and emerging youth can act together as advocates for multiculturalism and tolerance at the local, regional and global level. That is why they will be trained on project management in order to improve their own projects. The Camp provides local and international youth the opportunity to learn intercultural experience, integrated understanding on tolerance, multiculturalism and living together in peace, through a valuable and meaningful 5 days program in a beautiful countryside.
- Be aged 18 to 30;
- Be able to work in English;
- Be youth workers involved in youth or community projects in their countries and be willing to realize youth initiatives for intercultural dialogue following the residential meeting;
- Possess a sense of responsibility for one’s own actions and a commitment to personal and community development;
- Be curious, open-minded, appreciate diversity and learn about each other’s realities;
- Be interested in creation of network that will collaborate after the project is over;
- Demonstrate willingness to work;
- Participate at the full duration of the project.
- The Camp is entirely free;
- Costs for living arrangements, food, internal transportation and activities are fully provided;
- International participants have just to pay the travel expenses.