Deadline: 24 July 2016
Open to: recent graduates, from 79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the EU Member StatesRemuneration: 1,000 EUR for holder of a Master’s degree
Do you love communications? Are you interested in infographics? Can you track down the best facts online to illustrate your argument? What about agricultural and rural development data?
CTA has an exciting opportunity for a young research communications professional. As part of their new digital team, you will work closely with the Communications Programme Coordinator to help communicate issues handled by CTA and illustrated with the best evidence.
Duties of The Intern:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Communications Programme Coordinator, the intern will assist in the implementation and management of the use of data for communications at CTA, including the following activities:
- Identify how data evidence can be used to support CTA’s goals, including methods for collection, analysis and reporting;
- Assist in identifying relevant and reliable sources;
- Collect and analyze data that illustrate key CTA themes, such as climate change, agribusiness and nutrition;
- Assist with the creation of data-based content for use in various media (e.g. Web, social media, print, presentations.);
- Work with the Communications Programme Coordinator and CTA’s Data for Agriculture group to increase use of CTA infographics by our stakeholders, especially for communication and advocacy purposes;
- Produce regular reports on the uptake and use of data based content.
- Recent graduate, 29 years old maximum;
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States);
- Master degree in marketing, communication, business or related discipline;
- 1 year experience preferably in data research, visualization or journalism;
- Proficient in data research, analysis and infographic/visualization tools;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Fluency in English or French and working knowledge of the other;
- Good organizational, interpersonal and spoken communication skills;
- Passionate about international development, environment and related social justice issues.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level;
- Internship stipend (€ 1,000 for holder of a Master’s degree);
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre;
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident during the internship.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to send the documents listed below via email to Mr Pascal Deleu.
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘Data Communications Internship Application’. Submit following documents:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format ;
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected;
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
For more information please visit the official website.