Deadline: 31 August 2016 (first term) / 07 October 2016 (second term)
Open to: international highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to pursue their research in Turkey in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities
Fellowship: 12 months, grant of 2,500 Turkish Liras /865 USD
- Be non-Turkish citizens (applicants who hold dual citizenship one of which is Turkish are not eligible to apply);
- Hold an invitation from a university or a research institute in Turkey;
- Certify a sufficient command of language to perform your research;
- Be 35 years old or younger;
- Be enrolled in a programme outside of Turkey (for PhD students);
- Have a Grade Point Average of minimum 3.50/4.00 in PhD program if you hold a PhD degree in Turkey.
- Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months;
- A monthly stipend of 2,500 Turkish Liras /865.952 USD;
- Travel costs (round trip up to 2,250 Turkish Liras.);
- Health insurance premiums (up to 2,250 TL)*. In case of approval of TÜBİTAK Department of Science Fellowships and Grant Programs (BİDEB) Steering Committee, travel costs and health insurance for the fellow may be partially covered.
How to apply?
Applications will be accepted twice a year. Application deadlines for 2016 are:
First Term : March 07, 2016 – April 07, 206
Second Term: August 31, 2016 – October 07, 2016
All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal. All accompanying required documents must also be uploaded electronically.