Deadline: 8 September 2016
Open to: applicants with a motive to support the development of innovative projects in the field of education.
Grants: the WISE Accelerator supports innovative projects that have a high potential for positive impact on education and scalability.
The Qatar Foundation is seeking applicants for its 2016/2017 WISE Accelerator program with a motive to support the development of innovative projects in the field of education. The WISE Accelerator serves as an intermediary to connect the selected projects to an international network that create opportunities to share knowledge and find support from donors and investors. The WISE Accelerator is a program designed to support the development of innovative projects in the field of education. It relies on the expertise of qualified mentors and partners to provide projects with effective strategies and concrete support in order to ensure their development. Each year, five projects are selected to join the program. These projects are followed for one year, during which time they benefit from tailor-made mentor ship to address their specific needs.
- Applications should only be for original projects related to the field of education and technology;
- Established for at least two years;
- A significant and growing number of beneficiaries or customers;
- A record of activities with a product or service that has been successfully implemented and beyond proof of concept;
- Existing, stable revenues, and new opportunities for growth;
- A dedicated team, with an established physical space or office;
- Deep knowledge of the market/educational context and of their beneficiaries or customers needs;
- Clear future objectives and motivation to develop further;
- Good understanding of the project’s current challenges in scaling.
- Projects addressing education challenges through the use and/or design of technology in all sectors and regions are welcome to apply;
- Projects in this particular field can cover a wide range of offers and activities. From the conception of apps and digital games to the creation of online platforms or the design of new curricula and pedagogies integrating technology.
The WISE Accelerator supports innovative projects that have a high potential for positive impact on education and scalability. Due diligence with shortlisted projects may be organized to further clarify information about the project. Project representatives will be contacted to schedule calls, if needed.
How to apply?
All applicants must complete the official online application form fully and provide detailed information on the educational activities of the project, as well as areas in which support may be required/
For more information, please visit official website of the WISE Accelerator Program.