Deadline: 30 July 2016
Open to: university students aged between 18 – 25 and citizens of ASEAN member states who must be proficient in English
Venue: 7 – 10 September 2016, Bandung, Indonesia
ASEAN Youth Initiative Conference (AYIC) is a conference for ASEAN Youth to channel their aspiration in facing global issues – especially in achieving Sustainable Development Goals – initiated by students of Universitas Padjadjaran AYIC will be held within 7 – 10 September 2016 at Universitas Padjadjaran, Bandung, Indonesia. In its first installment AYIC carries out the theme of “Unfolding Youth Roles, Creating Sustainable Tomorrow” and will focuses on four points of Sustainable Development Goals that will be discussed in four group discussions:
- Quality Education;
- Decent Work, Economic Growth;
- Sustainable Cities and Communities;
- Responsible Consumption and Production.
AYIC invites 50 best youth from ASEAN member states to present their research paper about four SDGs points addressed by AYIC as well as conduct intensive discussions with experts. Two best research papers from each topic will be virally published and the result of the discussion will be outlined in a recommendation and action plan. Said recommendation and action plan will also be presented by representation of the delegates in a public conference which will be held on the last day of AYIC.
- University students aged between 18 – 25;
- A citizen of ASEAN member states;
- Must be proficient in English;
- Have a deep interest and understanding on Sustainable Development Goals;
- Capable to share the knowledge, aspiration, and outcome of the conference to their respective countries and passing it on to community/society through discourses, reports, news stories, campaigns, community development, youth movement, etc;
- Available to participate in the full-length of the forum during 7-10 September 2016 in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia.
- There is no registration fees and also no fees for attending AYIC;
- Partially funded;
- Chosen delegates will only have to fund their own travel to and from Bandung.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please first register at the Delegate Registration Form and apply until 30 July 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.