Deadline: 12 August 2016
Open to: candidates who hold a relevant degree in subjects such as Finance or Economics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar education and have a good command of English and German written and verbalRemuneration: attractive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications
Danske Commodities is looking to hire an energetic and result-driven portfolio manager to join the gas trading team. This is a rare opportunity to join an independent trading team working at the forefront of the gas market.
Your primary focus will be to optimize the portfolio of transport, storage and flex contracts by initiating and executing trading strategies on the European natural gas forward markets alongside highly skilled colleagues. You will also be responsible for digging deeper into individual market areas and countries to define new trading opportunities and strategies that will support continuous growth and market expansion. You are also expected to be passionate about your job, you create value and you can build trust among colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Actively trade and optimize the Gas portfolio in the European gas markets;
- Managing and optimizing the value of the portfolio;
- Developing, implementing and executing trading strategies;
- Building and improving relations to stakeholders such as exchanges, brokers, TSO and counterparties;
- Travel 20 days a year to meet customers and attend conferences;
- Identifying and exploring new opportunities;
- Analyzing and pricing of new contract opportunities.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Hold a relevant degree in subjects such as Finance or Economics, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar education;
- Have a good command of English and German written and verbal;
- Is newly graduated or have a few years of experience from the energy sector in trading;
- Can understand complexity;
- Have experience with Excel and preferably programming skills;
- Can keep a cool head in hectic situations;
- Can identify risks and manage them professionally;
- Is a strong team player.
- An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications of an applicant;
- Professional and personal challenges in an international environment;
- Skilled colleagues who set the bar high;
- Office in the heart of Aarhus, Denmark’s second largest city;
- A job where no two days are the same;
- A company committed to creating value.
How to Apply?
In order to apply for this position, please have the following documents ready and submit the online application form until 12 August 2016.
- Exam papers;
For more information, please visit the official website.