Deadline: 5 August 2016
Open to: anyone interested in supporting Roma causes
Remuneration: 25-30 working days; a paid consultancy contract
The EFC Forum for Roma Inclusion consists of foundations who are committed to supporting Roma causes. After years of working on issues ranging from health, housing, education, employment, mediators, anti-discrimination they have reached a point where there is a need to take a step back and have a critical look at private donor funding on Roma inclusion measure. The Forum wants to understand what type of initiatives have been successful and if how can take that success forward for change on a larger scale? This analysis should help identify funding opportunities to develop the future work, but also in conversations with potential new donors, who have shown interest in supporting Roma causes, but information on the field remains little.
Purposes of the project are:
- Identify successful initiatives in key policy areas (housing, education, employment, health,anti-discrimination);
- Explore how successful initiatives can be taken forward so that the impact can be seen at population level;
- Attract funders across Europe and show success is possible and there are opportunities;
- Explore how founders can go include work on Roma within their existing programmes.
- Extensive experience in qualitative research methods and good analytical capabilities;
- Thorough knowledge and experience in working on Roma related causes, with a particular focus on knowledge of philanthropic initiatives;
- Language proficiency in English.
- A paid consultancy contract;
- 25-30 working days;
- The salary will be calculated based on the level of experience.
How to apply?
All applicants should send their CV and a one page covering letter describing how they would go about completing this work AKHAN@EFC.BE. Romani applicants are particularly encouraged to apply!
For more information please read the official call.