Deadline: 31 July 2016
Open to: researchers with significant experience of working with Romani communities
Venue: 15 August 2016 – 15 November 2016, Western Ukraine
The European Roma Right Centre (ERRC) is recruiting a research consultant to assist the ERRC with research for the right to water project. ERRC is looking for researchers and activists with robust experience in conducting sociological and action-oriented research in Romani communities. The researchers are expected to conduct desk and empirical research on the access, quality and affordability of water supply in Romani communities in Western Ukraine, applying an already-developed methodology.
- Researcher with significant experience of working with Romani communities;
- Researcher with robust skills in developing and conducting a sociological and action-oriented research;
- Fluent in the language of the researched communities – Hungarian and/or Ukrainian and/or Romani and also in English. Knowledge of the Romani language will be considered an advantage;
- The ERRC encourages in particular researchers from the Roma, Sinti, Travellers as well as Ashkali and Egyptian communities to apply for these consultancies.
- The ERRC offers the researchers a fee and reimbursement of expenses incurred during the field research;
- The Researchers will be supervised by the ERRC staff member;
- Expected to start on 15 August 2016;
- The consultancy contract will last three months until 15 November 2016.
How to apply?
In order to apply for this research position, candidates should send the following application materials:
- A maximum one-page letter of interest describing personal motivation for engaging with the issue of improving respect for the right to water for Romani communities;
- CV specifying qualitative research experience and expertise working with Romani communities.
Candidates should submit their documents by 31 July 2016 via email to Marek Szilvasi at [email protected]. The message should be titled: RtW ERRC Ukraine.
For more information please visit the official call.