Deadline: 30 August 2016
Open to: projects located in any West African country but priority will be given to projects from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Burkina Faso and Niger
Grants: business opportunities that require total capital in excess of USD 500,000 (or any currency equivalent) will be considered
The PFAN WAFCEF-3 Pre-Call for Proposals seeks to solicit proposals from Project developers in West African countries as part of a two stage process to selecting finalist projects for the 3rd Edition of the West African Forum for Clean Energy Financing (WAFCEF-3) Business Plan Competition. In view of the fact that some countries, namely Burkina Faso, Gambia, Liberia, Mali, Niger and Sierra Leone have historically contributed less applications to the competition than others, projects from these countries will receive priority attention.
The Pre-Call is meant to boost the participation rate of projects from these countries in WAFCEF-3. However no country is excluded and proposals from projects in other countries are also welcome. The Pre-Call will identify promising proposals and assist with their refinement and prepare them for participation in the full Call for Proposal for WAFCEF-3. The WAFCEF-3 Business plan competition seeks to nurture entrepreneurs, start-up and existing companies, project teams and consortia with environmentally beneficial business proposals with the aim of linking them with investment and finance and seeing through the implementation of these projects.
- The call is open to projects located in any West African country but priority will be given to projects from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Burkina Faso and Niger .
- Equal consideration will be given to all projects that are presented during a later call for proposal (WAFCEF-3) regardless of project location as long as it is resident in any one of the West African countries.
- Eligible Countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, The Island of Cape Verde, Gambia,Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau,Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, The Island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Sao Tome and Principe and Togo.
- This second call is planned to be launched in September 2016.
- Business opportunities that require total capital in excess of USD 500,000 (or any currency equivalent) will be considered;
- In the case of energy access and rural electrification projects the investment sought may be less providing that the proposal demonstrates strong development impacts and social entrepreneurship;
- Proposals seeking primarily grant funding are not eligible and will not be considered, though the investment proposal may include elements of grant, donor or subsidized funding to enhance the overall investment proposition.
How to apply?
All submissions are to be made in electronic format. Consideration should be given to the size of individual files to ensure ease of transmission. To increase information security and authenticity, files should, where possible, be submitted in PDF format and financial models as an annex to the Project Proposal document in Excel format. The Application consists of:
- The Project Proposal (as a PDF file, the cash flows provided as an Excel sheet)
- The completed Project Data Sheet (as an Excel sheet)
For more information please read the official call.