Deadline: 02 August 2016
Open to: everyone between the age of 18-40
Venue: 25 September- 02 October, 2016, Sremski Karlovci, Serbia
The project “Diversity is Super-City!” will gather 18 young artists from Albania, Hungary, FYR Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Italy, and Croatia (2 participants from each country) to a 8 days residency in Sremski Karlovci, Serbia to work and explore cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue using performance and theatre arts. The main goal of the project is to explore the topic of national minority inclusion in our society and the CEI member states. The project consists of a research on the topic, residency, performance, and conference. The residency will have a preparatory phase consisting of a research process and during the implementation the group will be involved in a creative workshop. During the residency experienced trainers will support participants to work on the topic using performance making and theatre techniques. The residency will culminate with a performance and a final conference. The project is funded by Central European Initiative-CEI.
- Socially engaged artists;
- Performing artists – theater, music, dance;
- Interest in social issues;
- Having a true and real interest in the topic and new methodologies;
- Focus and determinate;
- Open to diversity;
- Fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire residency);
- Its obligatory to be present during all residency days and on all activities.
- Accommodation, food and venue are covered by organizers;
- Also the organizers will refund 70% of the travel costs;
- Selected participants will have to pay a participation fee of 30 euro.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill out the application. The deadline to apply is 02 August 2016.
For more information read the official call.