Deadline: 15 September 2016
Open to: international candidates with strong academic abilities and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political science, sociology, or psychology
Scholarship: includes social insurance and health insurance; funds for additional research costs such as travel, conference participation, in‐ house events, and outreach events
The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) invites applications to its PhD program BIGSSS‐departs (doctoral education in partnerships). It is part of the COFUND scheme funded by the European Commission under the Framework for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020. BIGSSS is an international Social Science inter‐university graduate school, located at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen,
The Bremen International Graduate School (BIGSSS) offers 10 Ph.D. positions in its newly launched BIGSSS-departs program funded by the European Commission. Fellows will take part in a 42 month English-language dissertation curriculum including a six‐month stay abroad at a renowned external academic partner institution or with an external non-academic partner.
Successful applicants will pursue a topic in one of BIGSSS’ research areas that are organized in three thematic fields:
A. Global Governance and Regional Integration;
B. Welfare State, Inequality, and Quality of Life;
C. Changing Lives in Changing Socio‐Cultural Contexts.
- International candidates from all over the world, of all nationalities ;
- With strong academic abilities and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political science, sociology, or psychology;
- Be in the first four years (full‐time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree;
- Must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the date of their application;
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The salary includes social insurance and health insurance;
- Funds for additional research costs such as travel, conference participation, in‐ house events, and outreach events will be available.
How to apply?
Applications must be submitted online. The call is open until September 15, 2016.
For additional inquiries, please check the online FAQ and feel free to contact our admissions officer: admissions‐[email protected]‐bremen.de.
For more information please check the official call.