Deadline: 30 August 2016
Open to: projects located in any West African country
Grants: business opportunities requiring total initial capital of over USD 500,000
CTI PFAN seeks to identify projects which have the capability of raising private-sector financing to build resilience to climate change in agriculture, forestry, ecosystems services and biodiversity, water and sanitation, and other sectors.
The program PFAN WAFCEF-3 seeks pre-proposals from project developers in West Africa. Selected projects will be offered free professional advice on project development and structuring, and will be connected with investment through CTI PFAN’s global investment networks. Proposals are invited from companies, individuals or legal persons; public-private partnerships; and entities which are legally structured to redistribute profits.
The program will consider business opportunities that require total initial capital over USD500 thousand (or any currency equivalent). The call is open to projects located in any country of West Africa, with priority for projects from Burkina Faso, Gambia, Liberia, Niger, and Sierra Leone. The deadline for pre-proposals (English, French)
- The call is open to projects located in any West African country but priority will be given to projects from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Togo, Guinea and Niger;
- Equal consideration will be given to all projects that are presented during a later call for proposal (WAFCEF-3) regardless of project location as long as it is resident in any one of the West African countries.
Focus of Projects / Acceptable Proposals
The business / project proposal must promote or deploy clean energy technologies, products or services including but not limited to:
- Energy Products from Forestry;
- Clean Transport;
- Energy Storage & Conservation;
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Reduction;
- Waste to Energy;
- Emissions Reduction, Hydro-power.
How to apply?
Related Documents to download in order to complete your application:
- WAFCEF-3 Pre-Call for Proposals Guidelines;
- Project Data Sheet template;
- Project Data Sheet template (French);
- Guidelines for Preparation of a Initial Project Proposal;
- Guidelines for Preparation of a Initial Project Proposal (French).
This second call is planned to be launched in September 2016.