Deadline: 31 August 2016
Open to: young people under 26
Remuneration: EUR 20,280/year + benefits
Cafébabel is Europe’s first online participatory media, run by Babel International, a not-for-profit organization. Published in six languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Polish), Cafébabel boasts a network of around 1500 volunteers (writers, translators, artists) across Europe an online community of 16,000 people and a team of a dozen professionals working in our Paris HQ. A media organization for the Erasmus generation, Cafébabel offers an original take on European society, culture and politics.
Webmastering: maintaining the website (static pages, newsletters etc.), identifying and reporting bugs,providing training and support to the website’s users (volunteer contributors, staff editors);
Project Management: analysing the needs of our journalists and website users (using the SCRUM method),monitoring developments on the website through the web agency;
Graphic Design/Communications: webdesign for the website, enforcing Cafébabel’s graphic and picture charters,article illustrations and video editing;
Design and production of communication material: logos, newsletters, web banners, flyers, posters, etc.
- Good writing skills in French and English are essential for interacting with the network of European collaborators;
- Good working knowledge of HTML and CSS;
- An eye for good design in all senses (photography, illustration, graphics, typography), and experience with Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Experience with digital platforms;
- Familiarity with video editing and the DJANGO framework are ideal but not essential;
- Self-taught applicants are welcome;
- Young people less that 26 years old are welcome (CUI-CIE and Emploi d’Avenir);
- The position is eligible for CUI-CIE and Emploi d’avenir contracts.
- The position is full-time and starts from 5 September 2016;
- The salary is EUR 20,280 euros (13 months) + benefits (free restaurant vouchers, free health insurance, 50% repayment on a Navigo Pass).
How to apply?
In order to apply please send applications (including a CV, cover letter and a portofolio and/or list of sites where you have worked) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the official website.