Deadline: 18 September 2016
Open to: students or recent graduates in Finance, Business Administration, Economics and Commercial Engineering
Remuneration: salary range 401 – 500 EUR / month
International Paper (IP) is a global paper and packaging company with primary markets and manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Russia, Asia, and North Africa. With annual sales of about USD 22 billion, the group has operations in 24 countries and employs about 60,000 people worldwide. Total EMEA turnover is over USD 3 billion, with some 9,000 people employed. EMEA headquarters are based in Brussels, Belgium. Additionally IP operates a major JV in Russia, employing about 20,000 people.
IP is currently looking for a Strategy and M&A Analyst Intern, based in the Brussels office (EMEA HQ) for the duration of at least 6 months, to help deliver thorough analysis supporting the development of the strategy and the M&A activities for the paper and packaging businesses in EMEA. The position is expected to start in mid September 2016 until at least February 2017.
Main tasks of an Intern will be:
- Reporting directly to the Director of Strategic planning for EMEA;
- Be frequently exposed to very senior management of the company (Directors, VPs, CFO, President EMEA);
- Research and collect relevant data on market and competition through sector specific databases and access to Bloomberg terminal on site;
- Help decompose complex strategic questions in simpler building blocks;
- Support IP management in developing fact-based analysis to answer those strategic questions;
- Compare profitability of different strategic options (incl. potential M&A options) through financial modeling and valuations;
- Support the Due Diligence of potential acquisition targets;
- Synthesize main findings in compelling and high impact presentations;
- Be the owner of the process and the content of the assigned work.
- Students or recent graduates in Finance, Business Administration, Economics and Commercial Engineering;
- Top academic credentials are a must;
- Be fluent in English and ideally have a working proficiency in other European languages (French, Italian, Spanish and/or Russian preferred);
- Previous work experience in similar assignments is not mandatory as induction and trainings will be provided;
- Problem solving ability;
- Analytical and creative mindset;
- Strong quantitative analysis skills;
- Business modeling skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Proficiency with Excel and Power Point;
- Have a genuine desire to work in an international setting, the appetite to learn more about the industry and learn and put in practice the strategic development toolkit.
Salary : 401 – 500 EUR / month.
How to apply?
When applying please ensure to include in the CV all the final marks of your studies (both high school and University) and/or current GPA in case you are not yet graduated. If selected, you will be invited for a motivational and business case interview. Interviews will be organized as soon as CVs are received.
Learn more about other internships in placements in Europe area
More information on the official website.