Deadline: 3 September 2016
Open to: candidate with a doctoral degree in sociology who has experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research and has an excellent command of advanced analyses of quantitative data.
Fellowship: two year position starting in October 2016
Call for Applications for election of one associate into an associate position and corresponding employment position of Postdoctoral Fellow, for a limited period of time, in the scientific area of Social Sciences, the field of Sociology, the branch of Special Sociologies, on the research project “Social Stratification in Croatia: Structural and Subjective Aspects”, in the Department of Sociology.
The Department of Sociology at the University of Zadar invites applications for a postdoctoral research position on the project ‘Social stratification in Croatia: structural and subjective aspects’, which is funded by the Croatian Science Foundation. The objective of the project is to theoretically and empirically revive class analysis in Croatia. Questionnaire and interview data will be collected on the structural and subjective aspects of social stratification in Croatian society and the ways in which people occupying different class positions in Croatia deal with economic and environmental crises.
- Highly motivated candidate;
- With a doctoral degree in sociology who has experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative research;
- Has an excellent command of advanced analyses of quantitative data;
- The applicant is required to have active knowledge of Croatian.
This is a two year position starting in October 2016.
How to apply?
Two hard copies of the following documents should be attached to the letter of application for research-teaching positions:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Books, research papers and other papers (professional papers, review papers, etc.);
- Academic degree certificate;
- Documents that can serve as evidence of the applicant’s fulfillment of the conditions set by the Scientific Area Council;
- Documents that can serve as evidence of the applicant’s fulfillment of the conditions set by the Croatian Rectors’ Conference;
- Report on research-teaching activities;
- Certificate of Croatian or other citizenship;
- Certificate of fluency in Croatian (for foreign citizens);
- Evidence of positive results obtained by the institutional evaluation of the applicant’s teaching performance, or evidence of positive results obtained by student evaluation at an institution of higher education;
- Letter of application and attachments are also to be submitted in an electronic form (on a CD), in the PDF format, in two copies.
Applications should be submitted to the University of Zadar / Sveučilište u Zadru, Mihovila Pavlinovića 1, 23000 Zadar, Croatia.
For more information please send your email to: [email protected]