Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: Sub-Saharan nationals, recent Ph.D. graduates or current doctoral students in Economics, Demography, Applied Statistics and Econometrics, Impact Evaluation, Education, Health, Energy, Agriculture and Infrastructure
Fellowship: consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel, worker’s compensation insurance
The Africa Region of the World Bank Group (WBG) is relaunching its fellowship program for Ph.D. students who are Sub-Saharan nationals. The program will increase the diverse workforce that is a priority for the Bank and its clients.
Fellows will spend a minimum of six months at the World Bank offices in Washington, D.C. or in a Sub-Saharan country, getting hands-on experience in development work. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries. While benefitting from research and innovation in multiple sectors, fellows will also work on economic policy, technical assistance, and lending for eliminating poverty and increasing shared prosperity. Special attention will be given to work with Fragile and Conflict-Affected States.
Specifically, selected participants will:
- Gain a better understanding of the World Bank Group’s mission and operations;
- Access quality data for their research work;
- Interact with seasoned experts in their field of development;
- Contribute to the World Bank Group’s mission.
- Be a recent graduate or be enrolled in an academic institution and returning to university after the fellowship;
- Be 32 years of age or below;
- Researchers and professionals, particularly women, who are interested in working in the development field at home or abroad, and in starting careers with the WBG;
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal;
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Selected candidates will then be notified and, upon acceptance, will be hired as short-term consultants for a minimum of six months;
- Fellows will receive consultant fees, round-trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the online application.
For more information please visit the official call.