Deadline: 2 September 2016
Open to: people with a degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration
Remuneration: EUR 2400 gross salary + benefits
The European Students’ Union is looking for a creative and dynamic team player to fill the position of Project Manager at its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The Project Manager will be in charge of a project tackling inclusion of refugees in Europe which includes a re-granting scheme for our member organisations.
The potential candidate must be team player that is able to work within a multicultural environment, with sensibility about inclusion of refugees and asylum seekers. Must be flexible and able to stick to tight deadlines. Can expect occasional travel to some events related to the project.
Responsibilities and areas of work
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the project plan, including a re-granting scheme;
- Handle the logistics and all procedures of the projects;
- Managing and supervising the project budget and financial reporting;
- Coordinate and organise meetings, conferences, trainings and other project-related events, and prepare the necessary materials, including reports, presentations, agendas and minutes;
- Acts as a liaison between project coordinators and other people involved in the projects;
- Contribute to the dissemination efforts, for example by identifying relevant practices and drafting web articles;
- Regular reporting and communication with the donor institution(s).
- A degree and/or comparable experience within the areas of project management and administration;
- Knowledge and/or experience of the funding programmes from different donors, such as EU’s Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020 or private foundations;
- Experience in event management;
- A native/ near-native command of English (spoken and written);
- Good communication skills – written and verbal;
- Good ICT skills (MS Office, MS project, Google Drive, etc.);
- Good planning skills and ability to respect deadlines;
- Fixed term full time contract for 18 months with extension possibility;
- The successful applicant should start ideally as soon as possible;
- EUR 2400 gross salary + benefits.
How to Apply?
Send a CV and a motivation letter highlighting projects’ experience. If available candidates are invited to attach any letters of recommendation, references and/or work portfolio by e-mail to [email protected] by 23:59 2nd of September, 2016.
The application code to use for the email subject is: ESU_ProjectManager_2016 – Application.
For more information, visit the official webpage.