Deadline: 30 August 2016
Open to: international and Italian students
Scholarship: full financial support: including tuition, fees, and a cost-of-living stipend;
Scuola Normale Superiore is awarding up to 91 fully funded Ph.D. scholarships for the academic year 2016-2017. The mission of Scuola Normale is to select the best students and provide them with the most favorable conditions to develop their talents. Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. research programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the following fields: Classics; Cultures and Societies of Contemporary Europe; Cultures and Societies of Modern Europe; Financial Mathematics; Mathematics; Methods and Models for Molecular Sciences; Nanosciences; Neurosciences; Philosophy; Physics and Political Science and Sociology.
- International and Italian students;
- Candidates who, irrespective of their citizenship, have an Italian Laurea Magistrale (MA/MS degree) or an equivalent degree from outside Italy;
- Those who expect to have obtained the degree required for admission by October 31, 2016: failure to obtain the degree by this date will disqualify the candidate for admission;
- Not in possession of a research doctorate issued by an Italian university, and in any case, have never benefited from a scholarship to attend a research doctorate course in Italy.
- All students admitted to their Ph.D. programmes receive full financial support: including tuition, fees, and a cost-of-living stipend;
- Support is provided to students who remain in good academic standing and make satisfactory progress towards their Ph.D. degree;
- All students will be assigned further funding for their research activity and travel;
- Each Ph.D. course offers scholarships reserved for students who graduated in non-Italian universities.
How to Apply?
Application for admission must be made online. The admission interviews can be conducted in Italian or English; the admission interview for the Ph.D. course in “Political Science and Sociology” must be conducted in English. The candidate’s level of competence in the Italian and English language must be stated in the application, with reference to the EUROPASS language grid.
For more information please visit the official website.