Deadline: 1 October 2016
Open to: Israel‐based nonprofits and social businesses
Grant: up to USD 50,000
The Natan Fund is accepting Letters of Inquiry for the Economic Development in Israel Grants with an aim to provide grants to Israeli organizations developing innovative approaches to achieving social impact and economic growth. Natan is particularly interested in supporting the creation and expansion of scalable social businesses ‐ high‐impact, smart initiatives with the potential to exert an economic multiplier effect on participants, geographic regions, and/or particular social issues.
In the spirit of “venture philanthropy,” Natan is especially interested in supporting startups and fledgling organizations that have not yet received significant support from major funders and that are independent from larger institutions and organizational structures. Natan seeks to catalyze and support innovation that begins on the margins of the mainstream institutional system; thus local affiliates of national organizations and organizations with strong, established brands and/or long track records are unlikely to be funded.
- Israel‐based nonprofits and social businesses with annual operating budgets of USD 1.5 million or less are eligible to apply for Natan grants;
- This grant program will not support scholarships or grants to individuals.
- Natan grants provide up to USD 50,000;
- Initiatives may apply for one‐year grants of up to USD 50,000, though most grant awards are in the USD 25,000 ‐ USD 50,000 range.
How to apply?
In order to apply you need to follow these steps:
1) Please use this online form to complete the LOI, which must be received by October 1, 2016;
2) In order to prepare your reponses, you can view a list of questions here;
3) Select organizations will be invited to submit full proposals. You will be notified by November 1, 2016 of the status of your application.
4) Full proposals will be due by December 1, 2016;
5) Finalists will be invited to make a presentation to the Economic Development in Israel grant committee by video or in person on Natan’s annual Israel Trip – February 2017;
6) Final decisions will be announced by July 2017.
All questions about Natan’s Economic Development in Israel grants should be directed to [email protected] .
For more information please read the official call.