Deadline: 30 September 2016
Open to: South African citizens
Grant: fund for one financial year
The National Institute for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (NIHSS) and the South African BRICS Think Tank (SABTT) are seeking applicants from suitably qualified researchers and postgraduate students in South African universities and research institutes for its BRICS Researching and Teaching Mobility Grants.
The objectives of the BRICS research and teaching initiative are to provide a platform for researchers and academics to exchange ideas and to generate evidence-based policy recommendations in the identified BRICS thematic areas.
- Promoting cooperation for economic growth and development;
- The maintaining of peace and security;
- Social justice, sustainable development and quality of life;
- Political and economic governance;
- Achieving progress by sharing knowledge and innovation.
- Only South African citizens;
- Full-time post graduate students must currently be registered for either a Master’s or Doctoral programme in a South African public university;
- BRICS-based academics and researchers must be invited by a South African based academic or researcher.
- Funding in this programme will support South African researchers and academics as well as postgraduate students (Master’s and Doctoral) undertaking research and teaching endeavours at BRICS universities and research institutes;
- The fund also supports academics and researchers from other BRICS universities and research institutes conducting mobility activities in South African universities and research institutes;
- Funds will be reserved for use in one financial year.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants must fill the online application form and also should submit required documents:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Motivational letter (not longer than one A4 page – 500 words);
- Copy of ID/Passport;
- Proof of Registration;
- Letter of acceptance of invite fr om a BRICS researcher;
- Letter of recommendation from the host university;
- An estemised budget;
- A letter of recommendation.
Please direct all enquiries to Dr Elias Phaahla at: [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official website.