Deadline: 11 September 2016
Open to: young Europeans between the ages of 23 and 30 years old
Venue: 28 – 30 October 2016 in Bratislava, Slovakia
As the European Union and Europe as a whole are facing unprecedented challenges, politicians, analysts, journalists as well as the general public keep looking for solutions and calling for thorough and strategic reforms for the Union.
The aim of the project GLOBSEC Young Europeansʹ Forum is to give young professionals an opportunity to discuss current challenges in the EU while improving their policy-making skills and engaging in networking with their peers as well as senior policy makers. Young Europeansʹ Forum is organized on the side-lines of annual European conference GLOBSEC Tatra Summit that will take place on 28 – 30 October 2016 in Bratislava. It is an excellent opportunity for emerging young leaders, experts and professionals to confront their views on current European, foreign policy and security issues.
The GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum is organized on the side-lines of the GLOBSEC Tatra Summit and it is a unique chance for young European professionals with interest in the EU issues to broaden their understanding of the EU, its member states and on-going and future challenges. The objectives of GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum are:
- Collaboration: to build a diverse European community of peers, committed to engage in events and interactions that look for innovative solutions to problems;
- Learning: to foster Young European Forum leadership development through personal and professional experiences that built skills, knowledge and better understanding of European, regional, economic and energy agenda;
- Action: to generate positive impact on European challenges by engaging young professionals in initiatives and collaborations related to issues they have identified collectively.
- Between 23 and 30 years of age;
- EU citizenship;
- Past experience relating to European issues;
- Working knowledge of English;
- Willingness to engage in regular online activity over an extended period of time;
- Willingness to write at least one topical article or blog, where GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum is mentioned before.
- For those selected, accommodation and board subsidies will be available to help offset the participation cost;
- Travel grants may be available on individual basis and only to selected participants up to the price decided by organizers.
To be considered for this program, interested parties should submit the online application with following materials:
- Current CV, including nationality and age;
- Suggestion for the topic for discussion during the sessions, including its title, short synopsis and three questions for discussion.
In order to apply, .
If you have any questions, check the or write to: [email protected].
For more information please visit the official web-page.