Deadline: 31 October 2016
Open to: active, passionate and dedicated young people, currently active in conserving natural resources
Award: top 3 winners will be sponsored to attend a UNCCD International Youth Event co-organized with Future Forest
The United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification is calling applicants for “Land for Life Youth SocialMedia Activist Challenge” to recognize active, passionate and dedicated young people who are currently active in conserving natural resources and promoting such actions to their peers and local communities via social media.
It is an opportunity for individual and community projects / stories to get access to valuable networks and gain recognition from a worldwide audience. UNCCD encourages all young people who are actively working for environmental justice to send their stories. Winners’ initiatives, stories, experience and /or challenges encountered, ideas or solutions will be communicated and highlighted through UNCCD’s various communication channels such as social media platforms and website.
- Young people who are aged between 16 to 40 years old, and belong to the group of young people who will play a decisive role in shaping the future;
- Passionate, dedicated and actively working to promote environmental justice; sustainable land management; natural resource management; and/or land conservation via different social channels such as Facebook, Twitter;
- Instagram, websites, YouTube, blogs, flicker, and other related social channels;
- Bloggers, YouTubers, Journalists, Young Leaders, Teachers, Students, Artists, Celebrities, or young people who are active in social movements, community organizations, and are currently active promoting environmental issues;
- Young people or young activists who have been directly contributing to sustainable land management or environmental initiative and has inspired others to do the same through social media platforms.
- Top 3 winners will be sponsored to attend a UNCCD International Youth Event co-organized with Future Forest;
- Winners will be recognized as Land for Life Youth Social Media Activists for a period of one year and receiving a certificate;
- Winners’ story will be published and promoted through UNCCD communication channels;
- Winners will be invited to present their work at international events;
- Winners will be expected to promote all UNCCD campaigns with their networks.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants must submit their applications in English. Language of submission: Any of the six UN Languages (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese and Russian). If the content is NOT in English, please provide professional English translation.
Please fill the details of your work/ ideas/ stories in the application form and send it to L4L@unccd.int.
For more details, please contact: L4L@unccd.int
More information on the official website.