Deadline: ongoing application
Open to: applicants with outstanding command over both written and spoken English, creative bent of mind, an aptitude to conduct sincere research
Remuneration: based on experience
Save the Children is India’s leading independent NGO and child rights organisation. As of 2015, it works in 18 states in India. Started in 2008 in India, and registered as ‘Bal Raksha Bharat’, Save the Children has since changed lives of more than 6.1 million. The organization is looking for an Assistant-Digital Content and Social Media.
- Provide high-quality, well-researched, informative, interesting, engaging, error-free and authentic English language content for a range of Save the Children platforms and properties – both internal and external. The prepared content should be strictly in line with Save the Children’s brand guidelines;
- On-ground work: Interact with children, partners, employees, volunteers and other people involved in Save the Childre’s projects on the ground to collect information to prepare interesting and inspiring case stories;
- Regularly interact with Save the Children’s state teams and on-ground staff to source stories and other information on the work done for children. Edit and proof-read the received content to prepare interesting case stories, reports, social media posts, etc.;
- Competent enough to handle website updating and maintenance through a Content Management System;
- Being well-versed with various social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, YouTube and others, preparing and pushing strategic content on them, meaningful engagement with the audience and community management;
- Assist ‘Officer – Digital Communication’ in preparing extensive reports on the performance of different Save the Children’s online properties including the website and social media channels;
- Assist in strengthening and revising Save the Children’s branding, content and editorial policies and strategies from time to time;
- Researching and keeping a tab on various online activities of Save the Children’s competitors, Save the Children Coalition members, and other prominent organizations working in the social space.
- Monitoring negative content and material on Save the Children on the World Wide Web and ensuring that the organization’s online reputation remains intact.
- Have an outstanding command over both written and spoken English;
- Have a creative bent of mind, an aptitude to conduct sincere research, a willingness to learn and an ability to imbibe fresh ideas into their work;
- Stay abreast with the latest trends and development in the areas of Internet, communication, online technologies, social media, current affairs, social and development sector, etc.;
- Have a robust understanding of topics related to children, their issues and problems, child rights, social and development sector;
- Be a good team player. They should know the art of networking well with people as the job involves constant interaction with various Save the Children teams at both national and state levels;
- May be asked to travel to various Save the Children project areas in different parts of India;
- The candidate should have the requisite eagerness to explore and build upon new ideas related to content, social media, online platforms and technologies, etc.;
- Understand and imbibe the values of Save the Children and be an advocate for them, internally and externally;
- Save the Children aims to be an equal opportunity employer. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this job position you need to apply online.
For more information please visit the official website.