Deadline: 18 October 2016
Open to: applicants have a Master’s degree or equivalent, with extensive relevant experience in the field of fundraising and project development and interest in the youth work and informal education
Position: full-time staff member, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
IDEA Central Asia is seeking a Fundraising Manager. Reporting to the Executive Director of IDEA Central Asia (based in Bishkek), the Fundraising Manager will be responsible for shaping and leading the fundraising activities of IDEA Central Asia. A high level of responsibility will be matched with competitive salary.
Areas of responsibility and tasks:
- Direct responsibility for fundraising on behalf of IDEA CA;
- Develop an organisation-wide fundraising strategy and workplans;
- Develop a core list of potential donors;
- Establish and maintain good business relationships with existing and potential donors; pro-actively identify all opportunities for devising programmes that meet donors’ needs;
- Network; yet more networking; even more networking;
- Together with the Media Coordinator, develop promotional and explanatory materials for prospective donors;
- Respond to calls for proposals for specific programmes;
- Keep the organisation up-to-date on changing donor priorities and ensure that new funding opportunities are identified;
- Represent IDEA CA at meetings with donors and external events;
- Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
- Have a Master’s degree or equivalent;
- Extensive relevant experience in the field of fundraising and project development;
- Interest in the youth work and informal education;
- Documented successful fundraising experience;
- A broad network in IDEA CA main countries of focus (Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan) and beyond relevant for our field of work;
- Good knowledge of and experience with the work of civil society organizations in Central Asia;
- Strong native or near-native English language written and oral skills; Russian and/or other regional languages- desirable;
- Excellent communication skills (listening, oral, written); excellent planning and organisational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize; excellent analytical and research skills; excellent interpersonal skills;
- Experience in drafting budgets for proposals;
- Self-starter; able to work independently; willingness to learn new skills and to adapt to new assignments rapidly; strong team player; ability to cultivate contacts and develop networks;
- Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
How to apply?
Applications should be sent by e-mail: email@example.com and should consist of comprehensive covering letter explaining why you feel you are qualified, explaining your qualifications and visions for the job and an attached detailed CV with names and contact details of two references from recently held positions. (Please provide both in English).
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.