Deadlines: 1 October 2016
Open to: candidates with PhD degree at the time of taking up the appointment and a solid working knowledge of English
Scholarship: provides fully-funded postdoctoral research grants
As a IIASA scholar, You are expected to conduct your own research in collaboration with one or more IIASA’s research programmes or special projects in an interdisciplinary way. You will be a part of the IIASA’s worldwide network of collaborators.
- Candidates should have their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English;
- Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization and who have held a doctoral degree for less than 5 years;
- The fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA; if you need to stay away from the institute to do your research or expect IIASA to fund field research overseas please do not apply.
An internationally competitive fellowship includes:
- Monthly allowance;
- Allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg (Austria);
- Limited support for monthly business travel;
The typical period for IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12–24 months;
The duration of the fellowship is two years starting between October and January each year.
How to Apply?
In addition to the IIASA funded fellowships, there are other IIASA dedicated postdoctoral fellowships where applications are made directly to the funders.