Deadline: 14 October 2016
Open to: Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Poland, Romania
Venue: 20-26 November 2016, Antwerp, Belgium – FL
“Pride without prejudice” – training course for youth workers dealing with the intersection of sexual/gender identity and ethnic/cultural diversity.
The overall aim is to improve capacities and empower youth workers to work effectively and respectfully at the intersection of sexual/gender identity and culture/ethnical diversity.
Furthermore this TC aims to develop the skills necessary to engage with individuals different from themselves with an open mind by accepting diversity and encouraging young people in their capacity to do the same.
- To raise (self) awareness and understanding of sexual/gender identity & cultural/ethnic diversity;
- To recognize and challenge stereotypes that exist in European societies;
- To promote Intercultural learning;
- To support participants in cultivating capacities that are transferable to their own environment;
- To explore and develop soft skills and competences in combining both sexual/gender
and cultural diversity perspectives;
- To create space for sharing good practices around sexual/gender identity and ethnic/cultural diversity;
- To support participants in identifying common challenges, opportunities and solutions in this area of work;
- To learn more about the Erasmus+ program and its actions, and provide space for creating new partnerships and new projects.
Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders from Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Malta, Poland, Romania
The food and accommodation: will be provided and paid by the organizers.
Participation fee: There will be participation fee of EUR 50. This amount will be deducted from the travel
expenses during the transfer of the reimbursement.
Travel costs: will be covered according to the rules of European Commission and reimbursed
by bank transfer after the course. The participants will have to pre-finance their transport arrangements.
Travel costs can be reimbursed maximum up to the following amounts:
- Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Malta, Poland, Romania EUR 225;
- Cyprus EUR 310.
*please note that participation fee has already been deducted from these amounts.
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for this training, please fill in this application form latest by 14 October 2016.
For any further questions, please contact Alessandro Boussalem at: