Deadline: 10 October 2016
Open to: local independent NGOs undertaking peacebuilding work
Prize: USD 10,000 prize funding for peacebuilding activities
Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are the global awards for local peacebuilding run by Peace Direct. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide.
Since Peace Direct was set up a decade ago, it’s been their mission to support and showcase the variety and scale of peacebuilding led by local people around the world. They support 11 organisations in nine countries and have profiled over 1,300 organisations through their flagship website, Insight on Conflict.
Now, they are launching their fourth Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards to showcase the best locally led peacebuilding organisations across the world. This year’s awards are being run in association with Alliance for Peacebuilding. Entrants will need to show how they are making communities more peaceful, or breaking the cycle of violence. A jury of international peacebuilding experts will select the winning entries.
There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
- Be undertaking peacebuilding work: your organisation will be either a peacebuilding organisation or have peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work;
- Be locally based: your organisation must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. Your organisation should be an independent organisation, not an in country or satellite organisation of an international NGO;
- Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led peacebuilding; environmental peacebuilding; or interreligious peacebuilding.
There will be three winning entries. Each winning entry will receive:
- USD 10,000 prize funding for peacebuilding activities;
- Promotion of their work online, including on the Insight on Conflict and Peace Direct websites and newsletters;
How to Apply?
For more information please visit the official web page.