Deadline: 1 December 2016
Open to: candidates who have a minimum of five years working experience in an administrative capacity in an arts or cultural organization
Fellowship: includes air and ground transportation between Washington, D.C. and their state or country of residence; lodging during the Fellowship; per diem to cover living expenses, visa sponsorship + intensive academic training
The Institute’s fellowship program is offered free of charge to arts managers from across the United States and around the world who are selected through a competitive application process. These fellows attend a four-week program in residence at the University of Maryland each spring for three consecutive years.
- Have a minimum of five years working experience in an administrative capacity in an arts or cultural organization;
- Currently serve as the executive director (or equivalent) or the head of a major department within an arts or cultural organization;
- Have an excellent command of business English, orally and written;
- Be able to commit to the full term of the Fellowship (Washington D.C. residency dates are June 26 – July 21, 2017; June 25 – July 20, 2018; and July 1 – July 26, 2019. Fellows receive personalized mentoring and participate in virtual activities in between residencies.).
- Intensive academic training in nonprofit management, finance, planning, fundraising, evaluation, and marketing;
- Access to leaders of cultural institutions from throughout the United States, including site visits to select institutions;
- Intensive, collaborative group work and ongoing personalized mentoring, both during and between the month-long residencies;
- First-year, second-year, and third-year fellows attend residencies together and engage in activities tailored to their year in the program;
- Air and ground transportation between Washington, D.C. and their state or country of residence;
- Lodging, Per diem to cover living expenses, Visa sponsorship (for international applicants) and Program materials.
How to apply?
The deadline for the 2017-19 Fellowship is Thursday, December 1, 2016.
For questions, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
More information on the official website.