Deadline: 12 October/7 December 2016 (annual)
Open to: citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
Scholarship: full cost of studying at Cambridge (tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs)
The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Field of study: PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the University
- Citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom;
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
You can check the eligibility checker to quickly check if you are eligible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs, etc. It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
How to apply?
It is not possible to apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship without applying to the University of Cambridge.
You must apply for admission as a postgraduate student to the University of Cambridge and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship at the same time, using the one application pack.
To be considered for postgraduate admission and a Gates Cambridge Scholarship all applicants must submit the following documents to the Graduate Admissions Office by the relevant deadline:
- Graduate Application Form (which includes a Gates Cambridge section);
- Academic transcripts;
- 2 academic references;
- 1 personal reference (for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship);
- For research based degrees and all PhD applications, applicants for the Gates Cambridge scholarship are asked to upload a research proposal of approximately 1,000 words (excluding references);
- English language test scores.
There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 12 October 2016 (US citizens resident in the USA) and 7 December 2016 (all other eligible applicants). It is important to read the How to Apply section.
For more information please visit the visit the official website