Deadline: 15 April 2017
Open to: photographers all over the world
Award: five awards will be offered in accordance with the judging criteria: Grand Awards, Documentary Awards, Jury’s Special Awards, Nomination Awards and Performance Awards
Since 1998, the China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) has launched a call to photographers all over the world to document folklore phenomenon extensively and in depth. To this end, CFPA founded HPA, blessed with UNESCO’s support and is granted with its logo since the 2nd HPA. HPA gets held biennially and HPA 2017 is the latest session, short for the 10th Humanity Photo Awards.
Organizers call upon responsible photographers who respect and love life to take out your cameras, and in the form of feature photography:
- to explore and rescue the endangered folk cultures of nationalities worldwide;
- to record the changes and evolution of various folk cultures in a genuine, vivid and profound way;
- to record, spread and share the multi-cultures of the world with the aim of enhancing mutual understanding and communication between people and promoting world peace and development;
- to contribute to the World Folklore Photo Museum with world-wide cultural records.
- There are no restrictions on entrants in terms of profession, gender, age, nationality, country or region;
- The photos must be taken by the entrant himself/herself, otherwise the entrant will be deprived of the right to win the award in the contest;
- Photos entered jointly by two or more than two entrants will not be accepted.
- Five awards will be offered in accordance with the judging criteria: Grand Awards, Documentary Awards, Jury’s Special Awards, Nomination Awards and Performance Awards;
- All prize-winning photographers will be invited to attend the award ceremony and related events that last for 3 to 6 days.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.