Open to: applicants with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required; who have 1-2 years of related experience
The International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) is seeking a full-time compliance and accounting assistant to work with the finance and compliance manager. This position reports to the Compliance and Finance Manager. The compliance and accounting assistant’s responsibilities include assisting in ensuring grant and contract compliance in accordance with U.S. federal regulations, grant requirements and best practices; assisting in maintaining internal policies and procedures; assisting in the preparation of proposal budgets for U.S. federal, private, and other funders; maintaining accounts receivables, including preparing invoices, processing credit card contributions, and recording contributions, grants, and receipts; assisting with accounts payables, including recording bills and processing payments; and performing other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required;
- Have 1-2 years of related experience; a strong attention to detail and accuracy; high ethical standards; excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; and advanced computer skills in MS Office and accounting software (Intacct preferred);
- Have a demonstrated interest in international nonprofit management, an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, experience working with U.S. federal awards or contracts, and knowledge of a foreign language;
- Understanding of nonprofit accounting theory, techniques, practices, and procedures; understanding of U.S. federal grant compliance framework; general knowledge of local, state, and U.S. federal regulations and statutes governing the area of work;
- Ability to adjust to changes by prioritizing or by using new resources to accomplish work goals; ability to complete assignments in a timely manner; ability to work under an appropriate level of supervision; ability to demonstrate responsible behavior;
- Ability to analyze and research financial data and compliance framework to reach reasonable conclusions;
- Ability to perform with high attention to detail and produce accurate work;
- General knowledge of computer software and accounting systems; ability to effectively use computer software and tools to increase efficiency at work.
How to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirement into the online application here. Only complete applications will be considered.
More information on the official website.