Deadline: 15 November 2016
Open to: students currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Education Sciences or Pedagogy
Remuneration: a stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of USD 700 per month
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. They are currently seeking to fill an internship position under the WFP Capability Development Branch of the Human Resources Division. The position will be based at the Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The Internship will be for an initial period of 6 months.
The selected candidate will be assisting the Capability Development Branch with the following key duties:
- Conduct data analyses, develop statistics, create dashboards, evaluation reports and presentations to evaluate the impact and the effectiveness of the learning initiatives;
- Assist in the design and development of learning project deliverables (such as project plans, maintain and update excel spreadsheets on a weekly basis);
- Coordinate and assist with the planning and execution of learning programs and events;
- Maintain and update with relevant and innovative contents the internal websites, publishing content in WFP learning management system and online social learning communities;
- Help communicate learning information to stakeholders, external vendors and/or internal client groups.
WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from WFP internship location, necessary visas and costs related.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package, particularly in Excel (experience with pivot tables and V-look-up is a pre-requisite, knowledge of Macros is an added value) and Powerpoint;
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills and high attention to detail;
- Fluency in English and intermediate knowledge of Spanish;
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized and structured way;
- Technology savvy & ability to think out-of-the box and to come up with innovative ideas;
- Flexible work style and approach based on client needs;
- Cultural sensitivity;
- Team player and problem solver.
- Currently enrolled and have attended University courses in the last 12 months inclusive of having completed at least two years of undergraduate studies or have recently graduated in the last 12 months in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Education Sciences, Pedagogy with a great interest for Human Resources practices.
Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of USD 700 per month depending on the duty station of assignment. (Currently the rate for Rome is around USD 600)
How to Apply?
If you are interested in this position, please apply online. Closing date for this vacancy is Tuesday 15th November 2016, 16:30pm Rome time.
Learn more about the vacancy on the official webiste.