Deadline: 28 February 2017
Open to: first or second year PhD students
Scholarship: USD 37,000 annual stipend and Up to USD 5,000 towards conference travel funds
Facebook is pleased to offer Emerging Scholar Program for students to continue their PhD studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community. These awards are open to students at all universities both in the United States and in other countries. The Award is designed to specifically support talented students from underrepresented minority groups and encourage them to continue their PhD studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community.
- First or second year PhD students who are members of a minority group that is underrepresented in the technology sector;
- Students at universities in the US and abroad who are enrolled during the current academic year and studying computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system architecture, or a related area;
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The Emerging Scholar Award includes:
- Payment of tuition and fees for two academic years;
- USD 37,000 annual stipend;
- Up to USD 5,000 towards conference travel funds.
How to Apply?
Application Materials to be submitted when apply includes the following:
- Research Statement: 1-2 page research summary;
- Resume or CV with email, phone and mailing address, along with applicable coursework noted;
- Two letters of recommendation (Please provide reference email addresses): Advisor and one Professional reference (can be from academia or industry).