Deadline: 27 January 2017
open to: university level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) in either physics, computing or engineering
Renumeration: 90 CHF per day (89 USD per day)+ travel allowance and technical project
Applications are invited for CERN Summer Studentships studentships 2017 available for the students of any state other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey).
The CERN Summer Student Program offers undergraduate and junior postgraduate students of physics, computing and engineering a unique opportunity to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
- You are a national of any State other than a CERN Member State (or Cyprus, Pakistan, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine);
- You are a university-level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) in either physics, computing or engineering;
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in the European summer 2017, you are also eligible to apply. By the time of starting your summer student appointment, you must have completed at least three years of full-time studies at university level;
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Trainee, Technical Student, User…) for more than 3 months;
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Technical project;
- 89 USD per day;
- Travel allowance;
- Membership to the Health Insurance Scheme (for the students with CERN contracts);
- 6 weeks Lecture Programme: end June – beginning of August;
- Assistance in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the Laboratory;
- 8 weeks (dates of stay to be indicated on the application form);
- Working time: 40 hours/week;
- Report to be submitted by the end of stay.
How to Apply?
You will be required to fill in an Application Form and upload the following:
- Recent Reference Letters – Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement of receipt which contains a link. You must forward this link to your two referees so that they can upload their recommendation letter. In order to be considered for the programme we need to receive Two Recent Reference Letters;
- Most Recent Academic Transcript ( an official document giving an overview of your marks; either issued from your university or copy of the transcript from your university portal) – If the academic transcript is not written in Latin characters please upload also a translation (English or French) (can be made by you);
- CV (English or French).
More information on the official website.