Deadline: 5 December 2016
Open to: Swiss or EU applicants who obtained Bachelors or Master degree
Remuneration: 1000 CHF (930 EUR) per month
The World Heart Federation is a global health NGO based in Geneva, focusing on cardiovascular disease (CVD), including heart disease and stroke. They are a small organization creating a big impact in global health, leading an ambitious drive to achieve a 25% reduction in premature CVD by the year 2025.
Currently, there is an opportunity for a focused and committed Advocacy Intern to join our dynamic Advocacy Team. They offer experience in a high-achieving, international environment, with opportunities to engage with the World Health Organization and other UN Agencies.
The role will support the delivery of the 2017 Advocacy Strategy, including the following tasks:
- Contribute to the preparation and drafting of WHF policy and research papers, briefs, consultation responses, advocacy publications and communications articles;
- Synthesize reports and summarize documents for internal distribution;
- Attend WHF team meetings, external meetings and webinars, taking notes as required;
- Provide logistical support for external events and meetings, such as the WHO Executive Board and World Health Assembly and engagement with WHF member organizations;
- Provide administrative support in maintaining advocacy team contacts database;
- Support ongoing WHF rheumatic heart disease initiatives, including project work;
- Contribute to preparation and drafting of content for RHD Action website;
- Any other appropriate task, as agreed upon by the supervisor.
- Candidates with a demonstrated interest in non-communicable diseases (NCDs), global health and development;
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English (additional languages a valuable asset);
- Excellent team-working and collaborative skills;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to innovate, and flexibility;
- Ability to conduct research independently with a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting;
- Proficient in MS Office, advanced internet literacy.
- Recently completed undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree achieved, with excellent results;
- Talented applicants with an academic background in both humanities and sciences will be considered.
- Stipend: 1,000 CHF (930 EUR) per month;
- Contract: The Advocacy Intern will join the team for 6 months at 40 hours/wk, starting from 09 January 2017.
How to Apply?
Please send a cover letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) to Ms. Joanna Markbreiter (Policy & Advocacy Manager) at [email protected] by 05 December 2016. Due to visa limitations, we regret that only Swiss or EU applications will be considered.
Interviews will be conducted from 07-09 December 2016.
More information on the official website.