Deadline: 6 or 20 January 2017
Open to: applicants who are applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford
Scholarship: 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (at least £14,296)
The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme was established in 2015 thanks to generous donations from multiple donors to mark the 95th birthday of Lord Weidenfeld.
This scholarship is part of the Oxford Graduate Scholarships, which were established through a groundbreaking new matched funding initiative to enable the creation of fully-funded scholarships for graduate students of the highest calibre from across the world. The University contributes 40% of the funds for these scholarships, together with 60% from generous donations provided by supporters of the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust, including Fondation Hoffmann. Fondation Hoffmann is a Swiss-based grant making institution supporting the emergence and expansion of concrete projects which address global problems in today’s societies.
This scholarship forms part of the wider Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme, managed by the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust.
- Applicants must be applying to start a new graduate course at Oxford;
- Applicants should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed. Students currently at Oxford are not eligible to apply unless they are already Weidenfeld-Hoffmann scholars;
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a connection between your subject of study and your longer-term career objectives, explaining how you see your professional work contributing to the improvement of public life in your country of origin or at a wider regional or international level. Preference will be given to Master’s course applicants. If you are applying for a D Phil you must be able to demonstrate how your DPhil studies will benefit your future career in leadership.
- The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,296);
- Awards are made for the full duration of their fee liability for the agreed course.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application.
For more information please visit the official web page.