The appointment of researchers with high potential to the announced positions is an important strategy of the University of Vienna.Become part of this vibrant and future-oriented organisation.
At the Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies of the University of Vienna there is a Tenure-Track Position for the field of Historical Slavic Philology and Balkan Studies is to be filled.
The announced position is an academic tenure-track position. Within two years’ time, the University will offer a qualification agreement if the academic performance suggests that the required high qualification can be reached. With the conclusion of the qualification agreement, the employee will be allocated to the group of “Assistant Professors”. If the qualification is achieved according to the agreement, employment, which originally has a six-year duration, will be continued for an indefinite period as an “Associate Professor”.
Via a further competitive procedure as stipulated in the University’s Statutes, associate professors can be directly promoted to full professor.
- Doctoral degree/PhD and at least two years post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution;
- Outstanding achievements and potential in research, excellent publication record, international reputation;
- Experience in designing and participating in research projects, as well as the willingness and ability to lead research groups;
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities or a teaching concept as well as the ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promoting young academic colleagues.
Remuneration and benefits
- The opportunity for a long-time career track (initial classification according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff.: section 48, job group B1, lit. b);
- In addition to the statutory social insurance, the University of Vienna offers a pension fund to its employees;
- A dynamic research location with well-established research funding provisions;
- Attractive working conditions in a city with a high quality of life;
- A wide range of support services offered by central service institutions.
How to apply?
Please send your application — preferably in English and in electronic form — to the Job Center of the University of Vienna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Application letter;
- Academic curriculum vitae;
- List of publications;
- List of talks given;
- Third-party funds;
- Overview of previous academic teaching and/or teaching concepts as well as supervised theses;
- Teaching evaluations (if available);
- Copies of documents and certificates.
More information on the the official website.