Deadline: 12 January 2017
Open to: excellent students from outside the EU/EEA who want to do a master’s programme at the University of Helsinki
Scholarship: tuition fee, and living cost grant of 10,000 EUR
The University of Helsinki is a university located in Helsinki, Finland since 1829, but was founded in the city of Turku in 1640 as the Royal Academy of Turku, at that time part of the Swedish Empire.
The University of Helsinki Scholarships are now open for autumn 2017 and the University of Helsinki Scholarships are now open for autumn 2017 and intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA who want to do a master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- You are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki;
- The country of your nationality is outside the EU/EEA and you meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland;
- There is no age limit for the scholarships;
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
For the 2017 intake, the scholarship categories are:
- Amount of the whole tuition fee (13,000 or 15,000 or 18,000 EUR) AND Living Cost Grant of 10, 000 EUR;
- Amount of the whole tuition fee (13,000 or 15,000 or 18,000 EUR);
- Half of the amount of the tuition fee (6,500 or 7,500 or 9,000 EUR);
- Living Cost Grant (10,000 EUR).
All the scholarships include: The Student Union (HYY) membership fee (paid by the University of Helsinki) will provide you substantial benefits of a lively student organization as well as free health care and reductions in public transportation, student lunch in the Student Restaurants and sports facilities at the UniSport.
How to Apply?
The scholarship application will be filled out in the same application system and simultaneously with online application to the University of Helsinki English-language Master’s programmes. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an official acceptance letter with the information of scholarship status.
The possible scholarship-related documents should be delivered with the other enclosed documents of student’s degree application:
UNIVERSITY OF HELSINKI
P.O. Box 3 (Fabianinkatu 33)
00014 University of Helsinki
Telephone: +358 (0) 2941 911
More information on the official website.