Deadline: 8 January 2017
Open to: young professionals and committed volunteers
Remuneration: a monthly grant of 550 EUR
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) is an exchange and dialogue programme of ifa (Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen), funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. Participants will be integrated in a German organisation as an intern. Besides the objectives of vocational and specialist qualification, they also gain an overview of the cultural, social and political structures in the host country, establish new personal and professional contacts and familiarise themselves with cultural characteristics of the host country.
Thus, the programme offers a forum for open dialogue and mutual learning for all involved. The intercultural exchange fosters on-going dialogue and boosts the formation of networks between organisations in Germany and Islamic countries in a sustained manner.
Internships are offered in the following fields of work:
- Politics & Society;
- Human Rights & Peace Building;
- Sustainable Development;
- Media & Culture.
- Applicants should show a good command of English and a permanent involvement in an organisation or institution in one’s own country;
- Knowledge of the German language is an additional qualification, not a requirement;
- Be aged between 23 to 45 years;
- The physical, as well as mental working capacity, must be sufficient for the requirements of a longer stay abroad and the essential work requirements of the internship;
- Have the nationality of one of the countries listed HERE.
- A monthly grant of 550 EUR;
- Accommodation in Germany;
- Health insurance;
- Travel cost roundtrip including visa fees;
- Urban public transport at destination, moreover, ifa helps organising the stay in Germany.
How to apply?
The application has to be submitted online via the application portal.
Please prepare the following documents which are compulsory for the upload:
- A letter of motivation, describing your reasons to apply for an internship in Germany, your expectations (experiences and learning) as well as the period most suitable for your participation;
- Your CV with information about your current professional position;
- Recommendation by your home organisation, showing their interest for your participation in the programme and their willingness to grant you a leave of absence. You can find a template for this recommendation here;
- A portrait photograph.
Deadline for applications is 8 January 2017.
More information on the official website.