Deadline: 31 Junuary 2017
Open to: secondary school students from european countries
Grant: 500-2500 EUR
In the framework of the “Seeds for Integration” project, the Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions (OBESSU) has launched the Seeds for Integration Grants. The aim is to provide seed-funding to secondary school student unions operating on local, regional or national level or, in case there is no student council in the school, to independent groups representing the school’s students, in order to empower them to implement initiatives aimed at enhancing the integration of refugee students and pupils with migration background.
All ideas are welcome that aim:
- To encourage secondary school students to discuss the situation of refugee and migrant children in Europe on a local, regional and national level;
- To raise awareness to the issues refugee and migrant pupils might encounter within the school or the education system;
- To build an inclusive school environment where every student feels at home regardless to their race, nationality, country of origin, or mother tongue;
- To create possibilities for students with migrant background to share their stories with the school community;
- To build closer ties between the communities migrant students are coming from and the school community.
- Yu have to be a secondary school student studying in a European country;
- Your team has to have at least 3 members, with a person who will be in charge of the communication with OBESSU – with at least medium level English language knowledge;
- You have to have a bank account (student union bank account or a bank account of an individual over 18 contractually representing the group throughout the implementation of the initiative).
On a local level, groups of students who are studying in the same secondary school can apply for a small scale grant of maximum 500 EUR.
On a regional level, project teams composed of students from different secondary schools or regional school student unions can apply for a medium scale grant of maximum 1000 EUR.
On a national level, OBESSU Member, Candidate and Affiliate Organisations can apply for a large scale grant of maximum 2500 EUR.
There are no restrictions on the type of expenses the grant may be used for provided the expenses are directly related to and necessary for the implementation of the submitted initiative proposal.
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official web page.