Deadline: 28 February 2017
Open to: aspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world
Prize: fully covered trip for the top three finalists, including flights, accommodation and participation fee waiver
Global Startup Challenge is an online competition for aspiring entrepreneurs from all over the world. The aim is to empower people from as many backgrounds as possible, keeping in view the border vision of *ship The Startup Festival, i.e. to connect the next-generation of entrepreneurs with mentors worldwide. This is an experience of a lifetime for the ones creating tomorrow, not watching it happen.
Interested applicants can submit their ideas and startups in an application consisting of problem identification and solution proposal. Submission of executive summary, pitch deck and promotion video is optional.
- The applicant must be 18 years old by the day of the application deadline;
- Individual applications are accepted, but team applications are preferred;
- The idea should have startup elements like a repeatable and scalable business model. It can be a social business, but we do not review for NGOs or non-profit venture ideas;
- The Startup must be less than three years old.
- Get access to *ship, Southeast Finland’s biggest startup event and secure a spot on the Pitch Captain competition.
- The trip is fully covered for the top three finalists, including flights, accommodation and participation fee waiver.
- Showcase ventures, receive one-on-one mentoring and win various prizes.
- Additionally, engage with the Nordic start-up community and make life-lasting connections.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can submit their ideas and startups in an application consisting of problem identification and solution proposal.
- Fill in your application form and contact details;
- What is the problem you are trying to solve? ;
- Describe your solution to the pressing challenge;
- Tell them about yourself and your team (if applicable);
- Why are you the best person/people to solve this problem?;
- 500-1000 words. Your executive summary and pitch deck may contain the following information;
- Submit an executive summary;
- Pitch deck and promotion video optional.
The applications are then reviewed by local and regional experts.
For more information visit the official website.