Deadline: 10 March 2017
Open to: candidate from Balkan area (former Yugoslavian countries)
Remuneration: approriate monthly payment will be provided
Vestas is the only global energy company dedicated exclusively to wind energy. Working closely with the logistics, procurement and finance departments, the team has to keep the project on budget and schedule, and ensures our rigorous safety and quality standards met. It also works closely with the sales and legal departments to ensure each wind farm delivers the highest energy yield within the client’s specification.
- Safety: encouraging safety behaviour on construction sites; spearhead improvements related to safety, executing the safety walks; ensure the compliance with local laws and HSE requirements;
- Sales Support: assist the sales department before contract signature on topics related to wind farm construction; provide input for cost calculations;
- Project Planning: prepare handover from sales to construction; define project execution schedule, monitor execution of scope by customer, and subcontractors; plan and manage resources for the project; manage project risk register and determine mitigating actions; organize and lead kick-off meeting(s) and progress meetings with customer and subcontractors; continuously update project plans (in agreed tool) if/when changes are required and inform associated stakeholders;
- Project Execution: monitor fulfilment of contractual obligations: safe, on scope, on time, in budget; report status to management and customer; secure contractual milestones and internal progress milestone targets met; update of project execution schedule; approval of purchase requisition / purchase orders / invoices; contract and claim management toward customer and subcontractors; monitor project cash flow and revenues; budget control during execution, ensuring adequate management of cost to complete;
- Quality Control: liaise with quality department in case of deviations; implement improvement initiatives.
- Project Closure: ensure handover (TOC) to customer, resolve outstanding punch items and financial claims; record lessons learned and implement measures to prevent future recurrence; handover project to service department, ensure smooth transition into the service phase.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in civil engineering or similar;
- Several years of experience as a project manager in the energy industry or building industry, ideally in the implementation of wind power projects ;
- Excellent Serbo Coat and English communications skills;
- Good command of German language will be appreciated;
- Very efficient negotiation and customer service skills;
- Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and is capable of multi-tasking
- Strong knowledge of safety procedures and management;
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making ability with balanced risk taking. Ability to apply expertise to get results;
- Ability to understand and utilise detailed technical information to solve complex problems;
- Strong business sense; understanding of the impact of decisions on project budgets;
- Planning and risk management. The ability to define, delegate and communicate project objectives;
- International mindset.
- An exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world’s leading wind turbine producer;
- You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment;
- You will get a unique opportunity to influence the building of complex projects and your own position in an informal and rapidly developing environment;
- Primary work location: Vienna, Austria Travelling: around 50%.
How to Apply?
Please apply online. To access your account, please identify yourself by providing the information requested in the fields below, then click “Login”. If you are not registered yet, click “New User” and follow the instructions to create an account.
For additional information regarding the position, please contact Raquel Mora Tel. +49(0)151/52621154
One thought on “Construction Project Manager”
This inorcdutes a pleasingly rational point of view.